This week’s book boyfriend is Roger Sullivan from Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour! How could I not love him? He is so adorable 🙂
Facts About Roger:
- He is very good-looking.
- He does not say goodbye
- Creates the best roadtrip playlist
- Loves history
- Dreams of being an explorer
- He is 19
- He is a good listener
- Wears shades awhile driving
- Very sensitive
- His nickname is Magellan
- “I was barefoot, in old jeans and the show T-shirt from last year’s musical. This had become my de facto outfit and I’d put it on this morning automatically, without considering the possibility that this Roger guy might be disarmingly cute.
And he really was, I saw now that he was closer. He had wide, hazel eyes and unfairly long lashes, a scattering of freckles, and an air of easy confidence.”
- “He stood and looked at me for a moment, taking in my outfit. ‘You look hot.’
‘What? Me?’ I stammered, completely flummoxed.
‘Yeah,’ he said, still looking at me.
‘Oh. Um, thank you. I mean, not that you don’t, but I’m not sure that you should—I mean …’
‘Oh, no,’ Roger said quickly, and I could see that he was blushing again. ‘No. I mean—I meant what you’re wearing. Are you going to be too warm?’
- “‘I mean, I should have known,’ he said, leaning back a little and smiling at me. ‘It always happens this way.’
‘The best discoveries always happened to the people who weren’t looking for them. Columbus and America. Pinzon, who stumbled across Brazil while looking for the West Indies. Stanley happening on Victoria Falls. And you. Amy Curry, when I was least expecting her.'”
- “‘God,’ he murmered into my hair when we broke away…’I’ve been wanting to do that for a long time.’
‘Really?’ I asked, almost afraid to believe this.
‘Oh yes,’ he said. ‘Since Kansas. At least.'”